Charter: The IHMM ASHM Committee shall serve as the committee of the Institute that has the following responsibilities:
- Creates and publishes the standards by which a college graduate becomes eligible for the credential.
- Creates and publishes the standards by which an undergraduate school may become a part of the ASHM program.
- Educates – Proactively works with undergraduate schools to distribute IHMM information to undergraduate schools to attract and retain student applicants for the ASHM credential.
- Works with the staff to create communications media highlighting the value of the ASHM credential.
- Works with the CSHM committee for the purpose of aligning the ASHM credential as one pathway to achieving the CSHM credential.