IHMM Volunteer Center
Click On the Graphic at Left
IHMM has a wide variety of ways that our certificants and members can volunteer their time, make a substantial contribution to their communities of practice, and earn valuable Continuing Maintenance Points [CMPs].
Volunteering with IHMM is a deeply rewarding and giving endeavor, ranging from being a subject matter expert on a scheme committee to leading discussions in our COLLABORATION engagement platform to becoming a mentor for a college student.
Take a few minutes and review How to Become An IHMM Volunteer, and then scroll down and take the volunteer self-assessment.
This tool outlines the core competencies needed for IHMM volunteer leadership positions and specifies additional competencies for leadership roles. It is a useful tool for professional development and when considering your qualifications for leadership positions and for tracking your professional development.
Board of Directors – One Open Seat 1/1/2024
- 2024 IHMM Nominations and Elections Process
- 2024 IHMM Call for Nominations
- 2024 IHMM Fillable Nominations Form
CHMP Scheme Committee
- Must be a CHMP > https://ihmm.org/chmp-scheme-committee/
Government Affairs Committee
- Open to all certificants > https://ihmm.org/government-affairs-committee/
- Needs one new member, open to all certificants > https://ihmm.org/nominating-committee/
Earning Certification Maintenance Points
Volunteering is a great way to earn Certification Maintenance Points [CMPs] that all certificants need to recertify their credential every five years. Here is the document that outlines all of the ways a certificant may earn these CMPs.
Self-assess your competency by rating your experience according to the following scale. Examples of experience may include executive/governance level experience, such as ASSP or other non- profit, for-profit, or work setting, or personal experience.
- Little/No Experience (1): I have little or no experience in this area. I would like to learn and improve.
- Basic (2): I have basic skills in this area, but no professional experience. I would like to improve.
- Intermediate (3): I am at an intermediate level in this area. I am somewhat confident in my ability, although my opportunities and experience are limited.
- Expert (4): I have advanced knowledge and expertise in this area and significant direct experience. Others recognize me for my expertise.
Core Competencies for All Volunteers
- Adheres and Advocates for the IHMM code of ethics, why IHMM exists, IHMM’s vision and IHMM’s mission, values honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Demonstrates Commitment to the mission, vision, values and strategy of IHMM.
- Leads Collaborative Discussions in IHMM’s COLLABORATION platform
- Leads Efforts to encourage the use of IHMM credentials
- Acts as a Team Player/Collaborator, works well on teams, fosters trust among group members, and adjusts behavior in order to establish relationships with teams. Motivates and desires to improve the quality of service.
- Respects Diversity and Fosters Inclusion of all races, cultures, disabilities, ages, and genders equitably, with respect and sensitivity. Ensures all voices are listened to and respected.
- Presents a Positive Professional Image, reflects the communities of practice as a confident, proficient, skilled, qualified expert, and qualified authority in IHMM.