Benefits of IHMM Credentials
Just wanted to say thanks to you and your IHMM team. You do a great job of consolidating and presenting information pertinent to our field. It is a great resource for us! Please tell your team, how much they are appreciated.
What are the benefits of being certified by IHMM?
- A differentiator against the competition. When employers are interviewing, the competition is often stiff. If you have an IHMM credential, and the other person does not, you are at a definite advantage.
- Being a part of a unique and distinctive group of professionals, only about 1% of whom have earned an IHMM credential.
- Recognition from peers, public, and employers.
- The employer who hires IHMM credentialed professionals sends a signal to regulatory authorities that the employer has the highest commitment to regulatory compliance.
- The satisfaction of personal achievement.
- Career development, growth, and advancement.
- Confidence in doing your job.
- An assurance of the highest quality of work.
- Reduced liability.
- Belonging to highly select communities of practice where through IHMM’s unique COLLABORATION platform, you gain access to thousands of your peers worldwide.
- Recognition of commitment to public safety and the environment.
- Identification as a distinguished professional.
If you deal with hazardous materials, dangerous goods transportation, environmental protection, health, and safety in any capacity, you should be certified! Corporations, universities and government agencies depend on these credentials to identify professionals like you.
You Deserve Professional Recognition
Companies value professionals who proactively seek opportunities to develop their skills and expertise. One of the best ways for individuals to demonstrate their commitment to career growth is by pursuing industry-recognized professional credentials. Is it worth it? The eligibility requirements are tough. Preparation can be a lot of work. The examination can be hard. Everyone has a different reason for pursuing a voluntary credentials, e.g., peer recognition, personal satisfaction, job placement or advancement, market value, higher salaries.
For some, the rewards are immediate and outward; for others, the rewards are intrinsic as you could become a member of the 1% of professionals who have earned an IHMM credential.
Salary Increases with Certification
Earning IHMM Credentials – CHMM, CHMP, and CDGP – can provide numerous benefits, including improved career prospects and enhanced earning power. According to a 2015 salary survey, the results indicate that the median annual base salary of individuals holding a credential from IHMM – CHMM, CHMP or CDGP – is $100,000, about 20 percent greater than the median annual base salary of survey respondents who held no certification; $83,000. Further, when years of experience are taken into account, salaries are approximately10 percent higher for IHMM certificate holders with 5 to 14 years experience than a professional with the same experience not holding a credential.
Certified Professionals Have Powerful Earning Potential
Let’s review the earning potential you may have as a CHMM, for example. Here we see the earnings ranges based on the type of degree you may have, then your earning potential based on some popular companies you may work for, and then your earning potential based on the cities in which you may live.
One spends a great deal of time and money gaining academic degrees that have unquestioned value – though hundreds of thousands of people may have the same or similar degrees. How does one differentiate one’s self from everyone else in an intensely competitive job market?
By acquiring a professional credential from IHMM.