|On December 1st, FMCSA announced an expansion and extension of the modified emergency declaration No. 2020-002 Under 49 CFR 390.25. the expansion is to include transportation of vaccines and medical supplies and equipment related to the prevention of COVID-19. The extension became effective December 1, 2020 and expires February 28, 2021.
The expanded declaration published today is limited to the transportation of:
- Livestock and livestock feed;
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19;
- Vaccines, constituent products, and medical supplies and equipment including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19;
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants, and;
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or
The full notice is available on the FMCSA website.
Expansion and Extension of the Modified Emergency Declaration No. 2020-002 Under 49 CFR § 390.25