As of February 28th, 2023, NLM will discontinue the Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders (WISER), the website (https://wiser.nlm.nih.gov) and WebWISER (https://webwiser.nlm.nih.gov), and the standalone applications for Windows PCs, iOS app, and Android app.
Other sources of Hazmat or Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) information are available with the following resources:
- CHEMM (Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management) – HHS ASPR
- REMM (Radiation Emergency Medical Management) – HHS ASPR
- ERG2020 (Emergency Response Guidebook) – USDOT/PHMSA [search for ERG2020 in the App Stores]
- CAMEO Chemicals – NOAA/EPA
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards – CDC/NIOSH [search for NIOSH Mobile Pocket Guide in the App Stores]
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) website – CDC/ATSDR
- DHS’s Hazardous Materials Release website – DHS
- PubChem – NIH/NLM
- The National Library of Medicine Data Distribution (data files for HSDB, ChemIDplus, etc.) – NIH/NLM
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact NLM Customer Service (https://support.nlm.nih.gov/support/create-case).