The Federal Register Notice public comment period has been extended requesting information on the needs and challenges in personal protective equipment (PPE) use for underserved user populations. The comment period will end on October 15, 2021.
Underserved PPE user populations may include, but are not limited to, workers who are of an atypical size; who are members of a gender, racial, ethnic, or linguistic minority group; who conduct non-traditional worker activities; or who are members of sub-disciplines that are not the primary focus of the current PPE activities within their larger field.
What information is NIOSH requesting?
NIOSH seeks information on the needs and challenges on PPE use, availability, accessibility, acceptability, and knowledge for underserved PPE user populations. We seek this information from the public, including individuals/organizations who:
- Advocate for these worker populations
- Actively conduct PPE research, services, or policymaking for these worker populations
- Plan to conduct PPE research, services, or policymaking for these worker populations
- Have direct knowledge about research, service, or policy gaps affecting these worker populations
- Experienced PPE use, availability, accessibility, acceptability, or knowledge issues as a current or former PPE user
When is the deadline to submit comments?
Comments must be received by October 15, 2021.
To view the Federal Register Notice and submit comments, please visit Federal Register: Needs and Challenges in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Use for Underserved User Populations