Companies that want to continue using these substances after the agreed sunset dates will need to apply for authorisation. The Authorisation List now contains 59 entries.
Helsinki, 12 April 2022 – ECHA identified the five substances as substances of very high concern due to their reprotoxic, carcinogenic or endocrine disrupting properties and recommended for the European Commission to add them to the Authorisation List in 2019. The five substances are:
- Tetraethyllead (TEL) (EC 201-075-4, CAS 78-00-2);
- 4,4′-bis(dimethylamino)-4”-(methylamino)trityl alcohol [with ≥ 0.1% w/w of Michler’s ketone (EC 202-027-5) or Michler’s base (EC 202-959-2)] (EC 209-218-2, CAS 561-41-1);
- Reaction products of 1,3,4-thiadiazolidine-2,5-dithione, formaldehyde and 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear (RP-HP) [with ≥ 0,1% w/w 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear (4-HPbl)] (EC -, CAS -);
- 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (DOTE) (EC 239-622-4, CAS 15571-58-1); and
- Reaction mass of 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate and 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4-[[2-[(2-ethylhexyl)oxy]-2-oxoethyl]thio]-4-octyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (reaction mass of DOTE and MOTE) (EC -, CAS -).
These substances are used, for example, as fuel additives, in formulation of inks, in lubricants, and as a stabiliser in the production of polymers.
The amendment of the Authorisation List (Annex XIV to REACH) was published on 11 April in the EU’s Official Journal.
Read more > https://echa.europa.eu/-/five-substances-added-to-reach-authorisation-list?utm_campaign=Five+substances+added+to+Authorisation+List+April+2022&utm_source=LinkedIn.com&utm_medium=Facelift.com